AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

positive polly



the morning of may 2nd:

yay!! after eleventy billion negatives over the last year, it felt so unreal to finally see that second line appear. I am used to angling and tilting the test in different lights just looking and hoping for that line, that when it was right there in front of me, I couldn't believe it! So I took another test. And then went to the doctors to take another test. Apparently I don't believe I'm pregnant until I take basically the exact same test in an office and have a doctor tell me the results. I did this with Colt too haha. So by my calculations I believe I am 4 weeks pregnant! I guessed my due date to be January 11th (which is still my prediction).

I had always heard you start showing much sooner with your second, and it's definitely been true for me.
first picture: this pregnancy, 8.5 weeks
second picture: pregnant with Colt, 16 weeks.


I've been having lots of extreme tiredness, morning sickness, heightened sense of smell (which then causes me to be sick) and food aversions. I apparently no longer like shrimp, and I am even more in love with chocolate and pickles. I've been craving prime rib, but I'm going to hold true to my vegetarian choice. Or at least try so hard to not give in to pregnancy cravings!

I finally had my first appointment with the maternity center, the same practice that saw me through my pregnancy and birth of little Colt, on July 5th. It was so nice to hear the little baby's heartbeat! It was beating at 142bpm. I love that hummingbird sound. At the appointment the nurse practitioner thought that I was "either closer to 16 weeks than 12...or it's twins" haha how exciting that would be!

July 17th was my first ultrasound! annnd definitely not twins! and only a few days further along than I had thought. My official due date is January 4th 2011!!



Colt will be about 2 years and 3 months older. He has already been giving my belly kisses, so sweet. Now I just cannot wait to find out if it's going to be a little sister or brother!
I have a feeling it's going to be a little boy. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment