AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, March 27, 2009

happy 6 months baby Colt!




baby Colt is officially 6 months old now! I can't believe how fast the time is going by... my little tiny holding baby is growing up.

He went in for his 6 month shots and was really good with them this time. He weighs 19lbs 9oz and is 31" tall! He is over the 100th percentile for his height, holy tall boy. Everything went very well at his appointment and he goes back at 9 months for a check up. He has had a bit of a hoarse voice/scratchy throat this past week though, and has not been sleeping too well. It's made for some pretty tired mornings for Rob and I.



Colt is at a super fun age these days! he demands constant attention when he is awake, and is so curious about everything that is going on. He has a new found love for daddy's hat and has a cute little habit of putting his hands behind his head and belly scratching. The other morning when we heard him on the monitor, we found he had rolled to his tummy in his crib. It happened 3 times, and of course he was upset about it once he is on his front.



As far as his eating is going, I was worried about my milk supply this past week due to his fussiness and not sleeping, but I think now it is just a growth spurt he is going through and not my milk. He has been nursing a lot and is still having cereal mixed with banana or pear for dinner. We will be starting breakfast and maybe a lunch as well of fruits/veggies/cereals. He has only had rice cereal so far, so I'm thinking we may try some oatmeal next. This week on the menu, we will be adding apples and peaches! He tried some sugar snap peas and hated them, but we'll give them a go again too.



Oh yah! Since he is such a big boy I checked the label on his car seat, and yah, he is under the weight limit still but he is over for height!! I didn't even realize... we rushed out last night and my mom bought him his big boy car seat. Can't wait to see how he likes it this weekend, it looks pretty awesome.

2 comments: